Bahrain hasn’t changed in 6 years
before 2013 ends inbox me one thing you’ve always wanted to know or say to me and i have to reply to all of them
I’ll actually do this one.
Thanks, everybody, for sending me your Dark Science cast suggestions! It was good fun, and there were some great ideas. Here are my favorites:
- Kim Ross - Min Hyo Rin (Sunny). This is an inherently tough cast, so most folks went with a visual similarity. Though I don’t know if she’s fluent in english, Min Hyo Rin’s got chops when it comes to dour/scrappy characters.
- Vonnie Awning - Amber Heard (Zombieland, Drive Angry). Heard’s great at simultaneously glamorous and deranged characters, I think she’s a great choice for Vonnie.
- Balthazar Bogan - Aidan Turner (Being Human, The Hobbit). Turner’s very good at being tossed around and not taken seriously, a necessary skill for Balthazar.
- Kaito Kusanagi - Tadanobu Asano (Ichi the Killer, Thor). I can’t think of a better actor to play the progressively unhinged Kusanagi.
- Alisa Caspar - Vera Farminga (The Departed, Bates Motel). Farminga’s downright brilliant in everything she does. I think she can pull off the casual flair of Caspar.
- Mathias Melchior - Matt Smith (Doctor Who). Matt Smith is very good at shifting from lighthearted to terrifying. He also has an amazing frown.
- D.H. Ron - Benedict Cumberbatch (Sherlock, Star Trek Into Darkness). Think about it, he’s perfect.
Now that Matt Smith is leaving Doctor Who, I’m sure my imaginary film can get him, right? That was the only thing holding this back.
Not sure what to keep doing and being anymore. Why bother? Damned if I do, damned if I don’t. I’m sure I’ll come up with something.
This is for the perfect woman in my life. Thanks.
whovians get your ass over here homestruck are beating us
they only win because their timeline is fixated in a complicated way.
Homestuck’s timeline is based off the sessions and time spent on earth/alternia.
let’s look at paradox clones, shall we?
As an avid Whovian and Homestuck I can confirm that Homestuck’s timeline is far more complex, but it follows at least 12 different universes and the internal temporal travel between each individual one and the external dimension hopping travel to get from one universe to another.
tl;dr: Homestuck wins the “Most complex time line” award.
Just a friendly reminder that animals will KILL YOU given the chance.
booped to death by a manatee
map of tv-shows
supernatural don’t care
supernatural don’t give a fuck
iT GOT BETTER
Did Homestuck really just beat Superwholock
I really, genuinely feel awful for all of the old Doctors now.
And the way Moffat explained it was soooo condescending:
“They’re all brilliant, they’re all terrific, but time has passed. I think it would be beyond the dignity of all those very fine actors to want to force themselves back into a costume from 20 or 30 years ago.” (SFX Magazine)
I saw Peter Davison speak yesterday at Hal Con, and his take on the issue was much the same. He said that he feels the 50th is celebrating the 50th Anniversary itself rather than 50 years of the program. He said that Moffat had basically penned something that celebrates his own work rather than something than something that celebrates the show as a whole. Peter Davison said that he felt let down to be part of a group excluded from the anniversary despite his role in its history, which is really very sad.
He said that Moffat had basically penned something that celebrates his own work rather than something than something that celebrates the show as a whole.
I know I’ve reblogged this before, but the added Davidson quote just makes me terribly sad. I got into who properly in the Eccleston years, but I’ve always been aware of it. It’s a huge part of the TV culture of the UK and the wider sci fi community. People who have no interest in the show now remember hiding behind the sofa when they saw the Daleks. And some people have been watching the show since the beginning and still love it now. The fiftieth should not be about one man and his ego. It should be about the fans, all the doctors, all the companions and all the stories that have been loved and lived. And we’re not going to get that.
Can people see now that’s it’s not just some people on tumblr who are upset about this? It’s the actual actors from the show you all claim to love, being shunted aside for Moffat’s wank fest.